In February 1926, the house of “Veuve de Philippe Hüther”, a watch dealer and maker, registered the trademark “The Tudor” established in Geneva for Rolex founder Hans Wilsdorf. Later, in 1936, the house transferred the brand to Wilsdorf. Just after the Second World War, Hans Wilsdorf knew that the time had come to expand and give the brand a proper identity of its own. On 6 March 1946, he created “Montres TUDOR S.A.”, specialising in models for both men and women. Rolex would guarantee the technical, aesthetic and functional characteristics, along with the distribution and after-sales service.